Monday, May 17

Bird Funeral

Just finished cutting my grass. I cut most of it Tuesday, but had to stop because of lack of sunlight. Couldn't cut it yesterday, because of rain...So today was the day to finish the job.

While cutting the grass today, I found bird that had died in my yard. Surprisingly, other animals or weather terrain didn't break him apart. He laid still, intact. At peace. His end had came and his new beginning had just started.

I'd like to think that this guy is in bird heaven. He probably wasn't a bad bird. He was just living and breathing as a bird. Soaring to heights that us humans can only dream about.

Well now he is soaring to new heights. Nothing will bother him now. He is in a better place. Meeting other birds that have been dealt the same fate. Navena...I will be there too some day. Just not the bird version. The human one.

I buried the bird in my backyard and played a song while I dug a hole and covered him up. I thought Kate Bush tunes would be a nice touch. It was. It was peaceful. The sun was setting and I just stood there over his grave and said a little prayer for him. I said a prayer for all animals.

No comments: